What is the UPSC full form?
The full form of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is main agency which conducts exams like Civil Services Exam (CSE) like IAS, IPS, IFS etc to to recruit candidates into top government services. UPSC recruits candidates for both civil services as well as defence services. UPSC conducts National Level Exam for 24 services under the Central and State Government. The UPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination (CSE) every year, which is often called as IAS Exam.
Under Article 320 of the Constitution of India, the Commission is, inter-alia, required to be consulted on all matters relating to recruitment to civil services and posts. The functions of the Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution are:
- Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union.
- Direct recruitment by selection through interviews.
- Appointment of officers on promotion / deputation / absorption.
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
- Advising the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India.
UPSC Exams are conducted in three stages which are as follows:
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination