Driven by advances in technology from Adobe, Amazon Web Services and NVIDIA, this disruptive innovation moves Media.Monks’ broadcast systems into a new arena
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Media.Monks, the purely digital operating brand of S4Capital plc, is announcing an AI offering that will infuse machine learning into its software-defined production solution to deliver fans hyper-personalized content across new media formats. Media.Monks will share more details alongside NVIDIA and Amazon Web Services on stage at the 2023 International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) from 15 – 18 September in Amsterdam, NL.
The proprietary system utilizes AI and machine learning to select highlights from live broadcasts and more effectively distribute custom content highlights to tailored, interest-based audiences.
“Our goal is to deliver a more personalized experience for consumers and brands as efficiently as possible,” said Lewis Smithingham, SVP of Innovation at Media.Monks. “Fans are increasingly craving personalized content they can watch on non-linear channels, so we’re using the latest GPUs, networking technologies and software platforms from NVIDIA and AWS to build upon our next-generation broadcasting solution and deliver the content people most want to watch.”
“The future of broadcast is AI-powered and software-defined,” said Bob Pette, Vice President and General Manager of Professional Visualization at NVIDIA. “Our collaboration with Media.Monks will help deliver a more engaging and personalized experience for brands and consumers.”
By eliminating the need for single-use broadcast appliances, Media.Monks’ software-defined production system provides limitless versatility to meet the ever-changing demands of multi-format delivery to new media forms, screens and platforms.
- The Excellence in Sustainability Award-winning workflow significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions commonly associated with live broadcast production workflows.
- Available immediately as a production, consulting and integration service, software-defined production increases reliability through cloud redundancy and distributed global staffing––and slashes costs from traditional broadcast set-ups by an estimated 50% or more.
- The system can be efficiently cloud-deployed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a standard or edge ecosystem, or deployed locally to allow a nimble crew to capture live content on-site for distribution to remote teams.
Livestreaming multi-camera shows at up to 5K 60fps, and at speeds of 50Mbps or greater from event locations to viewers globally, is made possible by collaborations with pioneering companies including Adobe, AWS, Central Control, Frame.io, NVIDIA, RED Digital Cinema, The Switch and Vizrt.
Media.Monks will join their collaborators on stage and share practical takeaways for next-generation broadcasting and the future of immersive media during three sessions at IBC 2023.
- 16 September 2023, 10:00-10:45 | “How to approach AI and gain a competitive edge” | Join Media.Monks, Peacock TV, and mireality for a discussion on experimentation in AI and practical use-cases for the now.
- 16 September 2023, 14:30-15:15 | “Tuned Into Tomorrow: Software-defined broadcast” | Join Media.Monks, AWS and NVIDIA in this panel, where we will explore the foundations of true software-defined broadcast infrastructure and the creative workflows that it enables.
- 18 September; 13:00-13:30 | “Is in-game advertising a game-changer?” | Join Media.Monks, EA Games, Activision Blizzard Media and Omdia for a conversation on the opportunities for in-game advertising and how the industry’s key players are leveraging streaming services to reach gamers and promote their products.
Media.Monks is the purely digital operating brand of S4Capital plc that connects 8,600+ digital natives across one global team. We are united by a mission to shift industries forward and pave the path towards ambitious outcomes so our clients and our people can realize their full potential for growth. Our unified model combines solutions in media, data, social, platforms, studio, experience, brand and technology services to help our clients continuously reinvent themselves throughout increasingly rapid cycles of disruption. Our efforts to shape culture, build innovative technologies and unlock the future of growth have earned recognition from numerous esteemed panels: we maintain a constant presence on Adweek’s Fastest Growing lists (2019-22), regular recognition at Cannes Lions, inclusion in AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players (2020-23), the title of Webby Production Company of the Year (2021-23), a record number of FWAs, and have earned a spot on Newsweek’s Top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces 2023. Together, these achievements solidify our experience in digital innovation, excellence in craft, and commitment to personal growth.
S4Capital plc (SFOR.L) is the tech-led, new age/new era digital advertising, marketing and technology services company, established by Sir Martin Sorrell in May 2018.
Our strategy is to build a purely digital advertising and marketing services business for global, multinational, regional, and local clients, and millennial-driven influencer brands. This will be achieved by integrating leading businesses in three practices: Content, Data&digital media and Technology Services, along with an emphasis on ‘faster, better, cheaper, more’ execution in an always-on consumer-led environment, with a unitary structure.
Victor Knaap, Wesley ter Haar, Christopher S. Martin, Scott Spirit and Mary Basterfield all joined the S4Capital Board as Executive Directors. The S4Capital Board also includes Rupert Faure Walker, Paul Roy, Daniel Pinto, Sue Prevezer, Elizabeth Buchanan, Naoko Okumoto, Margaret Ma Connolly, Miles Young and Colin Day.
The Company now has approximately 8,600 people in 32 countries with approximately 70% of revenue across the Americas, 20% across Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 10% across Asia-Pacific. The longer-term objective is a geographic split of 60%:20%:20%. Content currently accounts for approximately 60% of revenue, Data&digital media 30% and Technology Services 10%. The long-term objective for the practices is a split of 50%:25%:25%.
Sir Martin was CEO of WPP for 33 years, building it from a £1 million ‘shell’ company in 1985 into the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company, with a market capitalisation of over £16 billion on the day he left. Prior to that Sir Martin was Group Financial Director of Saatchi & Saatchi Company Plc for nine years.