What Is IAS full Form
The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Service (IAS). The Indian Administrative Servicev (IAS) been one of the three arms of All India services along with the Indian Police Service and the Indian Forest Service.
In India IAS is one of the most demanding and high level job. IAS officers holds key positions in administrative system of Indian Government and are part of the district, state and central secretariat. The Union Public Service Commission is engaged in appointing personnels at this level.
Although the IAS exam is difficult and have lot of competitiveness, it has been a huge attraction for graduates students.
Role of an IAS officer
The role of an IAS officer depends on the assignment they get. The assignments are categorized into 3 types.
- State Secretariat
- Central Secrerariat
Field assignment is the most difficult task among all. That’s why the Civil Service Exam is so tough. On the other hand, functions of Civil Services include:
- Managing Government affairs like framing, implementing, and revising policies.
- Meeting various representatives for the stated functions.
- Distribution of funds of Central Government allocated for various schemes.
- Supervision of the implemented schemes and policies of the government.
- Immediately handling emergencies like natural disasters, accidents, riots and acting upon relief policies.
The role of a Civil Servant is discussed below:
- Field Assignments : The Role of an IAS officer includes field management too. However, the levels are quite complicated.
- Sub-divisonal Functions : The sub-divisional magistrate manages law and order and looks after the development activities in the sub-divisional department.
- District-level Functions : The collector or deputy commissioner have the same functions as the sub-divisional ones. They also look after all the activities in the District-level department.
Work at the State Secretariat
- State Secretariat : The position involves advising the representative policies and make decisions for the government by using the experience of field assignments.
- Public Sector Undertakings : Firstly, officers get a job at Public Sector Undertakings and are a part of higher management. Secondly, the undertakings include power stations, industrial units and many more.
- Central Secretarial Assignment : These appointed officers tackle the review of policies and formulate their implementation for various ministries.
These duties are very difficult to manage and need a candidate with the utmost intelligence. That’s why the exams are so difficult to crack. Prepare for the exam at home.